Friday 3 June 2016

Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation

Another new foundation purchase over here xD. I just can't stop buying new foundation that it is no longer healthy for my wallet ( well, at least it makes me happy and happy mind means healthy being, right? ).

Shiseido recently launched a new foundation called Shyncro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation ( what a mouthful name! ). I saw the foundation featured on some instagrammers I follow, so when I spotted it online , I just took the plunge and ordered it ( other excuse ; I had a voucher so I ended up saving almost €20 woohoo ! ).




According to the official website, Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation is supposed to be lightweight and long wearing foundation that provides a flawless and natural finish without any greasy / oily shine. The foundation is also non comedogenic and suitable for all skin types.

I've been trying this foundation for the past 3 weeks and I have a mixed feeling for it. The foundation has a lightweight and slightly runny texture. It does feel silicone-y and applies beautifully. But, it does tend to sit in my pores and hence slightly emphasize the pores which is never a good thing. It is however not the case if I pair it with Sunday Riley Breathable tinted primer so the pore enhancing case is not really an issue with me but it's worth noting if you have really large and visible pores or dry patches.

The foundation provides a medium coverage and has a natural finish. It does not look cakey or dull despite of the matte finish. The finish is not dead matte though ( if you compare it with Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay for oily skin, for instance ), and as for my combination skin, even the mattest foundation will get dewy within few hours xD. But if you pair with with good primer + good setting powder, this foundation stays on pretty well. It got to 8-9 hour mark with no problem.

It was not easy to find the right shade for my complexion, but after looking at some swatches online, I decided to take shade Neutral 01. I could have gone a shade darker though as Neutral 01 is a bit too light for spring / summer. I recently went on a beach vacation and got a bit tanned , so this foundation will have to wait until my tan fades and the colder days are back.

Overall, I am glad I didn't buy it at full price ( €49,99 ) because I would be rather disappointed. The foundation is not bad, but it does have some issues. It claims to be suitable for all skin types whereas the dry patches clinging issue might make it problematic for people with dry skin as well as the pores enhancing issue might not be best for people with oily skin.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment