Sunday 22 May 2016

Beyond Cosmetics feat Alice in Wonderland and A'pieu feat Doraemon Holiday BB Cushions

There was a moment when I was crazy over cushion foundations. I found them very practical and good for on the go touch up. I have tried several cushion foundations from various brands but, my favorite remains the same which is Laneige BB Cushion. The other cushion foundations I have tried were either mediocre or broke me out or too greasy for my skin type. So after few experiments, my phase with cushion foundations was over. Until recently, I was enabled by @ryanroar 's post on Instagram and saw 2 limited edition releases from Beyond Cosmetics and A'pieu. The packaging is too cute to resist so I put an order, solely because of the packaging xD.






Beyond Cosmetics feat Alice in Wonderland Cushion Foundation #21 - Look at the packaging! How could one resist not to get it, right? The shade #21 is actually darker than I imagined. I am shade #21 on almost all asian brand cushion foundations, but this one from Beyond is a tad darker. It doesn't oxidize though, so I can still make it work. The formula is surprisingly a bit on the heavier side. It doesn't feel lightweight and is very pigmented. A little goes a loooong way which is not the usual case for korean base products. Due to its full coverage, it can appear dull and mask like. The shade also looks a bit ashy against my complexion. I can make it work if I apply it using damp beauty blender to sheer it down, but otherwise, it is just not the right formula for my preference and skin type.


A'Pieu feat Doraemon Cushion Foundation #21 - Unlike Beyond cushion foundation, the A'pieu one is a better shade match for my complexion. The texture is more lightweight and hence easier to apply. It provides a nice medium coverage and enough to cover imperfections, blemishes and redness arounf my cheeks. The finish is natural but very dewy. The dewy finish looks really nice though, but might not be the best for my combination skin. I usually set it with translucent powder to tone down the dewiness a little bit and prolong the wear of the foundation.

Overall, I like the A'pieu one way better than Beyond cosmetics. I still don't reach for it often enough though as I prefer liquid foundation for daily use. But I have been carrying the A'pieu one in my purse for on the go touch up whenever I have a long day ahead. As for the Beyond Cosmetics cushion foundation , I am still happy to have it because the case is definitely a collectible item xD.

Have you tried cushion foundation?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment