Sunday 3 April 2016

L'oreal Perfect Match Foundation

It's been awhile since the last time I tried drugstore foundation, but our local drugstore was having 30% off all base make up products so I ventured the makeup displays and came home with the newly formulated L'oreal Perfect Match Foundation.







If I'm not mistaken, the L'oreal Perfect Match foundation is a reformulated version of the famous Le Teint Perfect Match ( in Europe ) or True Match ( in US ). I had not tried any of the previous version but have read a lot of good things about them.

L'oreal True Match foundation comes in a nice glass packaging with a pump spender. For a drugstore foundation, the packaging is not bad. It doesn't have any luxurious touch to it, but still a functional packaging and I appreciate the pump spender very much. The shade vanilla is a nice match for my complexion. It has beige-neutral undertone, not too yellow but not too peachy. It was not easy to find a good match for my skin because most of the lighter shades are too pink. Gladly, Vanilla is a good match.

Speaking of the texture, it has a liquid runny texture. It is lightweight and thin, but creamy at the same time. It applies nicely and the kind of foundation that will work well with fingers, sponge or brushes. This foundation is easy to work with and blends easily. I personally like to apply it using damp beauty blender as it gives the most natural finish. Coverage wise, L'oreal True Match offers a solid medium to full coverage without being heavy. It evens out my complexion and covers redness or blemishes well. I can go with no concealer because the coverage is decent enough. It provides a demi matte finish, depends on the application tool, you can achieve a matte finish using brush, or demi matte-satin finish using damp make up sponge. I usually don't set this foundation with powder due to its demi matte finish, and  The finish is natural looking and not dull. It makes my skin looking flawless but not mask like. I am surprised by how much I like this foundation. It's been awhile since the last time I fell in love with drugstore foundation.

Another good point is the staying power. This foundation is long wearing , even without primer. I can easily go to 8 hour mark with it.

Overall, a really good foundation from the drugstore and I can't recommend it enough.

What's your current favourite drugstore foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment