Saturday 2 January 2016

SUQQU Christmas Kit 2015


PS : Sorry for being MIA. My family is currently in Berlin, we've been traveling around Europe this past weeks. But, I'm finally back woohoo!

First of all, Happy New Year!! How was your 2015? Mine was awesome! It was one of the best year I've had for the past 10 year I'd say. I am excited to embark on another adventures and journeys in 2016. 


SUQQU is a brand I have yet to explore. I am always attracted to Japanese high end brand make up because they are usually really good, shoppisticated, yet difficult to get which make them becoming kind of a cult-more desired items. 
Anyway, during my recent trip to London, I visited SUQQU counter at Selfridges, and the beauty advisor guy was so so nice and helpful. He patiently and passionately showed me a lot of products and I was hooked with almost all the stuffs he showed me. Sadly SUQQU is not cheap at all, so after some hard time, I ended up going home with 2 items. This christmas kit and the cream foundation ( review will follow ). 










The SUQQU Christmas Kit 2015 comes in 2 different shades, one is the more brown-gold theme and this one pink-plum theme. I predictably opted for the pink plum one xD.
The kit comes with a nice tweed make up pouch, a full size pencil eyeliner in navy blue, an eye shadow trio and a deluxe size eye make up remover. I have to say I am not a fan of the eyeliner as I find it a bit too dry and stiff, but the eye make up remover is great ( though not something I would want to pay for the full size. It's good but very expensive :/ ).

The eye shadow trio contains 3 pink-plum toned shades. All shades work well together and compliment each other. You can create a soft every day eye look to heavier smokey eye look using the 3 shades in this trio. On the pans, all shades look very glittery, but once swatched and applied, the glitters don't really transfer on to the skin for the exception of the lightest frosty white shade.

The shadows have very interesting texture. They are smooth and soft, but also dry and spongy. I was not really sure about the dryness at the beginning though, but they work well and apply and blend smoothly despite of the dry texture. They somehow have the feeling of pressed pigments and they do have a bit of fall outs. It took me awhile to get used to the dry texture since I am used to 'prefer' softer and silkier texture. But, after awhile, I realised the uniqueness and the complexity of the shadows. They layer very well and almost 'melt' in to the lids.

The staying power however is not very long. I need to apply eye shadow base beforehand for it to stay longer on my oily lids. Without eye shadow base, they stay for only 3-4 hours before starting to fade. With a good eye shadow base though, they can last up to 7-8 hour mark.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I will definitely look at another eye shadow quads from SUQQU. I wish they were cheaper though xD.

Have you tried anything from SUQQU?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment