Wednesday 27 January 2016

H&M Velvet Lip Cream

My encounters with H&M Beauty have been mostly all pleasant, with the exception of one product which is the velvet lip cream. Find out below why it didn't work out well for me.






Jumping on the velvet - matte lip cream / liquid lipsticks bandwagon, I decided to give H&M beauty velvet lip creams a try. I picked up 2 bold shades ; Dare Me and Screen Siren. Dare Me is a dark deep purplish burgundy and Screen Siren is a cherry red shade. Both shades are actually pretty and interesting , but the formula totally failed me.

H&M Beauty Velvet Lip Cream is housed in a simple plastic tube packaging with doe foot applicator. The packaging is sleek, simple and functional.
Texture wise, the lip cream is very very dry. It didn't apply smoothly and tugged my lips. The consistency is wet, but not lightweight and a bit on the thicker side. It was really difficult to apply it evenly on the lips because it tended to set directly in to lip lines. It dried up pretty quick too, so you really need to work fast otherwise it will get blotchy.

I actually tried both lip creams when I was at home because I just couldn't imagine wearing it while being outside. The lip cream was very dry and it made my lips feel very uncomfortable. Once dried up, it kind of set in to every lines of my lips and the finish just looked unhealthy. 
Talking about staying power, both shades had a good 6-7 hour wear. They stained the lips heavily though, especially the purple one. And the stain was not a good - natural just bitten stain. It looked more like I was sick and had purple blotchy lips.
I tried to wear it using different techniques ( blotted-dabbed using fingers-layered ) but none really worked out. I think in the end, it came down to the formula, and the formula for this lip cream just failed.

Overall, I just couldn't find a way to love them, which is sad because any other stuffs I bought from the brand have been lovely.

H&M Velvet Lip Cream retails for €7,99

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment