Sunday 31 January 2016

Dolce and Gabbana Luminous Cheek Colour in Mocha


I received this blush as a gift from a dear friend of mine who just recently visited Paris. I was so happy when I received it and since I didn't have a lot of products from Dolce & Gabbana beauty , I was excited to see how it was going to perform.







Dolce & Gabbana Luminous Cheek Colour comes in an elegant gold case. The packaging has a good weight to it and the surface of the case is matte, means it's finger prints free. Woohoo! The case also comes with a built in mirror and a mini brush. The brush is swanky and not good though, unlike other high end brands' mini brushes which are usually quite decent.

Quality wise, this blush ticked all the boxes I'd expect from a high end blush. The texture is soft and smooth. It applies beautifully and blends effortlessly ( though I prefer to apply and blend it using a sparse blush brush to saturate the color a little bit ). The shade Mocha is a deep-warm burnt burgundy shade with a hint of brown. I didn't own anything close to it in my collection so I am glad my friend picked up this shade for me. I expected it to be very pigmented and hard to work with. Surprisingly, it goes on softer than I thought and applies rather sheer but still manages to be pigmented, if that makes sense. Mocha has a matte finish with no shimmer or sheen whatsoever, so for certain skin tones, it could work nicely as contour shade, I guess. It won't be for me though as it is too warm for that purpose. 

The blush is finely milled and feels smooth to touch. It provides a nice finish on the cheeks and despite of the bold shade, it is still wearable and doesn't end up looking 'dirty' on the face. Quality wise, I'd say that it is on par with other high end blushes I've tried ( e.g Dior blushes, Chanel baked blushes, or Guerlain blushes - Burberry blushes are still on a higher level though ). 

The staying power is excellent. I got a good 8-9 hour wear on my combination skin. The color started to fade gradually after 9 hour mark.

Dolce & Gabbana Luminous Cheek Colour in Mocha is one expensive blush at €37,99 for only 5gr of product, but you get what you pay for.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment