Wednesday 2 December 2015

Cup O'Coffee and Rosy Cheeks

I did a bit of LUSH haul recently and bought 2 of their masks, Cup O' Coffee and Rosy Cheeks. I've been trying them for awhile now and will let you know how I like them. 



Cup O Coffee
Cup O Coffee is described as a face and body mask. Coffee masks have been really popular lately and I had been wanting to give it a try since I saw them everywhere. When I found out LUSH just launched their coffee mask, I was excited to try.
Long story short, I bought a smaller pot for me to try at home. First of all, I love the smell! It smells like a fresh ground coffee beans. If you like the smell of coffee, you're going to like it. The texture however, is very rough. I don't have any issue with it though as I like rough scrub for body, I just can't imagine using it on my face. It is so rough and scrubby, I'm sure it will irritate my face immediately. On my body, it works very good as exfoliator. But, it is not that kind of scrub that will leave your skin silky smooth afterwards like Rub Rub Rub for example. This is a true exfoliating scrub, it will leave your skin feeling squeaky clean and you definitely need to moisturise your skin afterwards.

As far as the scent goes, I love it. But the whole product doesn't really wow me. I prefer to repurchase my beloved Rub Rub Rub as it does the job as exfoliator as well as leaving my skin feeling as smooth as baby's bum. xD



Rosy Cheeks 
Rosy Cheeks is a fresh face mask from LUSH. It only has 1-2 month life span and needs to be stored in a refrigerator, just like LUSH other fresh face masks. Rosy Cheeks supposed to reduce redness on your face and soothe and calm down your skin. The description sounded like something I'd like, so I decided to give it a try too.
The texture is thick and creamy. The pink mask dries up to a greyish shade on the face. It reminds me a lot of clay mask, the kind of mask that will set dry and stiff. It has a cooling sensation ( well maybe because I stored it in the fridge, duh! xD ) and feels soothing on the skin. But, once I rinsed it up, my skin felt squeaky clean and it felt like it stripped off all the dirts and oil. Well I don't mind the dirts gone, but a bit of oil is needed for my skin to stay away from being dry. My skin felt smooth but not soft or suppled. It definitely didn't feel moisturised though. I can understand, the mask might be marketed towards people with oily skin or to be a deep cleansing mask. But I can't see the definition anywhere. It is just written that it supposed to reduce redness, calm and soothe your skin, nothing says it will deep cleanse or strip off the oil. So I do feel a bit mislead by the description.
Overall, I have used this mask three times since I bought it and while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. I barely used 1/4 of the pot and the expiration date is 2 weeks away. I can't bring myself to use this mask more than once a week, so I will have to throw the rest away I guess. Or I will 'force' my boyfriend to use it haha xD.

Have you tried any masks from LUSH?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment