Saturday 28 November 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer - Luminous Bronze Light


I am a huge fan of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes, but not so much of the powder. When they launched 2 bronzers to complete the range, I was really interested to try. So at the time they were available at net-a-porter, I decided to give them a try.










Looking at swatches online, it was difficult to choose which shade to get as both shades look very similar. So I randomly opted for Luminous Light. 

When I first received and swatched it, I was surprised to see how shimmery it is. As you can see on the pictures above, the fine glitters are definitely visible which I really didn't expect to see because most swatches I found on the internet don't really show the shimmers. And holy moly, the shade looked orange! So I was not really impressed on the first sight and first swatch. But, gladly it all changed once I applied it on the face. The shimmers become less visible and it blends really really well. The formula is just so smooth and excellent, similar to the Ambient Lighting Blushes which I am a huge fan of. It's surprisingly not orange at all once applied. It is definitely a warm toned bronzer and won't be best option if you're going to use it for contouring. But, it works really well to warm up the complexion, especially in colder months where my skin is even paler than it usually is and can easily look sick. This bronzer gives it life xD.

I think Hourglass really kills it with the formula. It managed to transfer the shimmers on to a luminous glow on the skin instead of being a glitter ball. I don't know how they did it, but it really is a nice bronzer! It doesn't accentuates pores at all and instead, blurs them out and provides a smooth surface. The texture is a bit powdery but it does not really bother me. It is sooo smooth and silky, Ooooh I am just in love. The pigmentation is great, you barely need to swipe your brush because a little goes a long way. This bronzer will last me a long time.

One downside I can pinpoint, is the staying power. It doesn't really stay that long on the cheeks, which is kinda annoying. 
Overall I am happy with the bronzer. It's not as amazing as the blushes and it is very expensive and definitely a splurge. But I am glad I splurged on it because it has become one of my favourite bronzer at the moment.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment