Friday 9 October 2015

Marc Jacobs Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder

I had been eyeing this contour powder duo from Marc Jacobs for awhile. When I finally got the chance to visit Sephora during my trip to Singapore, I eagerly went to Marc Jacobs display only to find the particular shade I wanted was sold out :/ . I asked the Sephora BAs to check for me whether it was available at other Sephora, but turned out it was sold out anywhere in Singapore at that moment. So I went home without it :/
Long story short, few weeks after, my sister went to Singapore again and I asked her to get this duo for me with the hope that Sephora had restocked them. This time I was lucky. 




I picked up the shade #Mirage Filter. There are 3 shades available on the line but I like this one the most as the contour shade is the right brown and the highlighter shade reminds me a lot of Ben Nye banana powder which I adore to set and highlight the under eye area.

Marc Jacobs Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Duo Powder comes in a huge ( literally the size of my palm ) black plastic case. The case is simple , sleek and has a good weight to it. There is a huge built in mirror inside which comes in handy. I like how the pans are large enough for big contour / powder brushes. There are a lot of products inside too, it's 2 x 9gr which justified the S$60 price tag.

The highlighter shade is a matte yellowish powder. It's like a pressed version of Ben Nye banana powder. I love to use the powder to highlight my under eye area and sometimes set my Tzone lightly. The yellowish powder - when used sparingly - can give a flawless finish and correct some redness on the skin. 
The bronzer / contour shade is a matte medium brown powder. The shade is not too ashy nor too warm. I don't detect any orange hint which is great. 

Both powders have great pigmentation esp the contour shade which a little goes a long way. You literally need to swipe your brush very lightly otherwise you'll end up with a brown stripe on your cheek bone. The duo has smooth buttery texture, and both powders blend easily. The contour shade on the other hand, takes more effort to blend due to its high pigmentation. So make sure you blend it properly. 

All in all, I'm glad I managed to get my hands on this duo. It's a nice decent contour duo for every day use. I know some other brands have contour palettes with more shades, but to be honest this duo contains just all shades I need for contouring on daily basis. 

Do you contour on daily basis? What is your staple products for contouring?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment