Tuesday 27 October 2015

DIOR Rosy Glow

I follow a lot of fellow beauty enthusiasts on instagram and let me tell you, it's dangerous! I lost count on how many purchases I made being enabled by the girls ( and boys )' posts on their IG accounts xD. This DIOR Rosy Glow blush in pink petal is the most recent example of the 'Instagram made me do it' purchase thanks to @adanink @kaepratiwi @sidekickjess for being such good enablers :D

PS : Sorry for not so pristine pict. I did swatch my brush before this photo was taken. I couldn't resist





DIOR Rosy Glow blush in Pink Petal comes in a elegant case. The case has transparent bottom and silver lid. There is a big built in mirror inside with a small brush which actually works well. The blush itself is embossed with Dior monogram and it is so pretty.

If it wasn't because of the girls' recommendations on Instagram, I wouldn't even consider getting the blush. The color on the pan is so bright and vibrant it is almost neon. Blue toned or white toned pink don't look good on my complexion because they tend to wash me out and make my skin looking ashy and dull. But Rosy Glow is supposed to adjust to your skin's pH, so it is not going to be like the color on the pan once applied on the cheeks.

The texture of the blush is smooth, soft and finely milled. The pigmentation is good but not overboard which I like. I don't really like overly pigmented blushes as they're more difficult to apply. I prefer sheer blushes that are easily build able and this one checks the boxes. The color once applied on my cheeks turns into soft powdery pink. The color diffuses very well and creates a nice natural flushed cheeks. It is a refreshing shade that compliments all look, from subtle low key every day look into heavy smokey eyes look. It applies smoothly on the cheeks and blends effortlessly. The staying power is great too. It stays put for a good 6-7 hour and fades gradually after that.

Overall, it's a nice addition to my collection. I don't have anything similar in my collection because I usually go for warmer shades of pink or coral. I'm glad I decided to give this one a go.

Did you do any 'influenced' purchase lately?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment