Friday 25 September 2015

Swayback Plum

May I introduce you to my new found love? It's &Other Stories Cheek and Lip Tint in Swayback Plum *drumroll*






Yes, I know &Other Stories is not really a beauty brand. It is a clothing brand that sells not only clothes, but also accessories like bags, shoes ,jewellery etc. But it also sells its own select beauty items which I had never really paid attention to until recently I was browsing in the shop and randomly swatched some products and fell in love with the color Swayback Plum. I thought it was a cream blush but then found out it's actually a lip and cheek product in one. 

Swayback Plum comes in a clear flat case which is sleek and simple. The shade swayback plum is a  matte true plum shade which looks darker in real life. The cheek and lip tint has creamy consistency with cream to powder finish. The pigmentation is good but not overwhelming ( which I dislike for blushes since it means more effort needed ), it is build able so you can definitely sheer it down or build the pigmentation up if you want. As cream blush, I usually dab 3 dots on the cheeks and blend it using beauty blender for more blended in finish. As lip tint, I use my fingers to apply it on the lips. 2 layers are enough to get the opacity seen on the picture above.  It performs well as cream blush, but I love it most as lip tint. I just like the matte finish and the just bitten colour, the color blends really well on the lips and provides a really nice natural finish as if my lips are naturally juicy like that, lol.

The staying power is good too, both as blush or lip tint. I got 6-7 hour wear as blush and around 4-5 hour wear as lip tint without major eating. Despite of the matte finish , it's relatively hydrating on the lips especially. It's definitely more lips friendly compare to other matte lipsticks I own.

If I have to pick one letdown from the product, it will be the fact that I always have to use my fingers to apply the products on my lips. I know I can use lip brush, but I don't really fancy carrying lip brush with me and the finish created using lip brush is different. It's more opaque and more creamy, so I prefer the muted finish achieved using fingers.

Overall, I really enjoy this product and have been wearing it non stop since the day I purchased it. I even went back to the store to get another shades, sadly ( or luckily for my wallet xD ) I didn't find other shades appealing to me. So as much as I love the formula, I don't think I'll get another shades, except they add some new shades later xD.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment