Wednesday 22 April 2015

MAC Studio Fix Fluid

I managed to get this MAC foundation from a local blogsale ( hence the missing cap ) for only 10€ which is a deal considering it was still at least 70% full.
Some of you might have known my not so good relationship with MAC, but as a foundation junkie and the fact that so many professional MUAs use MAC foundation for their works, I just had to give it a try. Surprisingly , I ended up really liking it.





The foundation is housed in a solid glass bottle ( based on my online research, this foundation doesn't come with pump spender so you need to buy the pump separately ). I personally would be annoyed to buy the pump separately at €6,50 especially for a foundation that retails for €28,95. But on the other hand, I like the fact that we can open the pump so it will be easier to really use up the product as some glass bottled foundations can't be opened at all and usually there is still so many products left inside. I am usually NC 20 , but based on swatches online, I thought NC 15 would do the job just fine and it does with a bit help from bronzer and powder. 

MAC Studio Fix Fluid provides a full coverage. It has liquid and thin texture that blends easily and evenly.  I've read reviews online that people find it too heavy and dull, but I find it  relatively lightweight and comfortable for a full coverage foundation. I prefer to apply it with beauty blender though , to sheer it up a little bit and to avoid cakey-ness. I tried to apply it using RT buffing brush and it worked fine but appeared a bit streaky on the cheek area, that's why I prefer beauty blender as it also provides a more natural finish. The foundation has matte finish which could appear a bit flat and mask like if you apply too much product. Fortunately it doesn't accentuate my dry patches , but instead blurs it out. Some people said that it tends to accentuate facial hair, but as I don't have much, I don't notice anything according to facial hair issue. 
I can understand why a lot of MUAs like this foundation because it creates a flawless finish and covers up blemishes and imperfections very well. I can go away without concealer when wearing this foundation. 
The staying power is definitely a winner here. My teint stayed flawless for 7-8 hour without the need to blot. With occasional blotting, the foundation even stayed up to max 12 hour ( the longest I've tried with this foundation ) !  I usually don't set this foundation with powder as the finish is matte enough, but on longer days, I do set my Tzone with translucent powder. 

Overall, I am really happy with this foundation and it has been my 1st option when I'm going to have  a long day. On low key days, I prefer to wear sheer-medium foundation for more dewy and natural finish. But there are some days when we girls need our make up to stay on point, right? This is the foundation I'm going for those kind of days. I haven't tried it out in warm climate but I can imagine it will perform well and I will def bring this on my next trip to Jakarta in May.

Have you tried any foundation from MAC?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment