Tuesday 23 December 2014

Plumped up Peony

I am a fan of the Clinique Chubby Stick for the lips and I also like the Chubby stick for the eyes, so when Clinique launched the new Chubby stick for the cheeks, I just wanted to give it a try. 






I picked up the shade number 04 ; Plumped Up Peony. It is a warm pink berry shade with no shimmer. I initially wanted to get the other shade ; Amp'd Up Apple but didn't get it in the end because it looked a bit too brown and orange on me. 
The chubby stick comes in a trademark Clinique chubby stick packaging only thicker and bulkier. I personally like the packaging and the stick form is convenient for application and perfect if you want it for touch up and just throw it in your handbag.  I usually swipe 2 stripes on my cheeks and blend it using my Real Techniques buffing brush. I don't really like to blend it using my fingers as the texture is more on the stiff side and not so creamy so I feel like it takes more effort to blend using fingers.

As you can see on the swatch picture above, the pigmentation is bold. But the formula is nice and blends easily so you can build up the intensity or apply it sheer if you prefer to. It has balmy texture rather than creamy, so it feels like you are applying lip balm on the cheeks, a bit sticky as well. Some people say that it has powdery finish which I can't confirm because,  for me it has typical creamy glow finish and doesn't look good if it's layered with powder blush. The staying power is okay for a cream blush. I got ca. 4-5 hour wear out of it.

The idea behind it is nice and I can imagine a lot of people might enjoy this as it is very easy to apply, convenient and provides a nice flushed on the cheeks. But I just don't reach for it often enough as I prefer powder blushes. And when it comes to cream blushes, I prefer it to be very creamy like the Stila Convertible cream blushes. This one from Clinique is a bit too 'stiff' for my liking.


Have you tried the chubby stick range from Clinique?
And just in case we don't see each other before Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment