Monday 22 September 2014

Yacht







I rarely fall in love with one particular shade of nail polish that made me go hunting it down. But after I saw the swatch from the lovely Karo's blog, I just knew I had to get it. Unfortunately the shade that I wanted ; Yacht was a limited edition and I had to visit 5 different DIOR counters until I finally be able to get it.

Yacht comes in a slightly different packaging as the usual Dior nail polish. It comes with nail polish stickers and mini nail buffer which for me rather useless but I know a lot of people love it. It costs €30 instead of the regular €24 price tag.

Yacht is a milky beige shade. It is a very nice nude, with no pink or yellow tone to it. I love how shopisticated it looks on my nails, very professional like if you know what I mean :P
The formula is good and smooth, but it takes a little trick to make it work for me. I usually apply 1 sheer coat and then apply the second layer to make it opaque because it tends to get streaky if I apply 1 thick layer. 
The finish is creamy and it has no shimmer. I set it with Sally Hansen Insta Dry top coat and I am good to go for the next 5 days before it starts to chip.

I haven't tried the stickers though because they are just too long and too wide for my nail and I am no fan to nail buffers because the sound and movement of nail buffer make my teeth clench..

What is your favorite nude nail polish?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment