Wednesday 27 August 2014

Luminous Flush

After my not so pleasant encounters with other 2 Hourglass products here and here, this time it is another story. I think I have found a blush that I love just as much as I love my Burberry blushes. Just look at that marble optic - oooh so beautiful!










I ordered this blush together with the Ambient Lighting Powder and the Mineral Veil Primer from Sephora US. Based on swatches online, I decided for Luminous Flush because the shade looked like something I would often reach for. Fortunately I didn't pick the wrong shade because Luminous Flush is just my cup of tea.
I would describe Luminous Flush as medium warm coral shade. It looks like it's got shimmers on the pan but I can't really see it once applied on the cheeks. I'd say the finish is rather satin or semi matte. I love the fact that Luminous Flush is so flattering and compliments any make up looks.
The pigmentation is very forgiving, sheer to medium which I like. I dislike highly pigmented blushes because they are tricky to apply, but Luminous Flush is just the right amount of pigmentation.
The blush comes in a similar case like the Ambient Lighting Powder, only smaller and in different color. I am not really a fan of the case as I find it rather bulky and cheap looking even though it is sturdy and made from a good material. I just don't really like how it looks and the fact that it catches fingerprints like craycray - my personal opinion.
The texture is on the powdery side, not silky smooth like the Burberry's . But it applies beautifully and blends in with almost no effort. I don't mind the powdery mess a bit since this is the kind of blush I don't carry around inside my hand bag because the packaging doesn't have mini brush for touch up. So for home application, the powderness doesn't bother me.
One thing that I like about this blush, is its 'blurring' effect.  I notice that it kind of blurs out the imperfections on my cheeks and makes it appear 'smoother'. The staying power is also another plus point. I got around 7-8 hours wear on cooler days and around 5-6 hours on warmer days ( which is already good for my always sweating face in summer ).
Overall, I am in love with this blush and I can't wait to get another shades. If you are looking for a new blush, do give this range a try.

Have you tried this blush from Hourglas?
Love,
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment