Thursday 26 June 2014

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro

After my encounter with the Luminous Silk Foundation, I was convinced by the brand Giorgio Armani beauty line. I've been wanting to get the CC lipsticks but I didn't like their consistency when I tried them on the counter so I went home with the Lip maestro and 2 nail polishes instead ( I will review the nail polishes on a separate post ). 







The lip maestro comes in a sleek transparent tube with a red cap. The tube is transparent so you can clearly see the color of the lip gloss instead. GA claims it to be highly pigmented lip gloss, but IMO it is more like a liquid lipstick / lip cream. I picked up the shade #503 or Fuchsia Red. 
Fuchsia Red is def just like the name advised. It is a reddish fuchsia, which I don't have any similar shades on my stash. I do have a lot of red lippies but nothing with fuchsia touch because I usually dislike fuchsia, only this one really caught my attention. 
Lip maestro has a nice not too thin and not too thick consistency. It has velvety feel and applies smoothly on the lips. It doesn't set into lip line and blurs out some lip imperfections I have. It doesn't feather nor bleed, so I don't think lip liner is a must. But it does transfer though to glasses and basically any other thing you touch with your lips. Be careful with it since this lippie doesn't dry up shortly after applied. It stays rather wet for quite a long time. 
Some people say it has matte finish which I disagree. I think the finish is more velvet rather than matte because it still gets some sheen going on. 
The pigmentation is the bomb! One swipe is def enough to cover everything. The doe foot applicator does its job very well and picks up perfect amount of product to cover the lips in one swipe. 
The staying power is amazing as well!! Look at the picts below for proof!


After ca. 6 hours with major eating, drinking, and blabbering.


As you can see from the after picts above, this lippie stayed on pretty well. Even after 5 hours with major eating , drinking and blabbering, it still stained the lips evenly. You can see that it dried up the lips a little but the problem could be easily solved with lip balm. 

Overall, lip maestro didn't dissapoint me. It is expensive at € 32,99 / 6,5 ml but I really think it is worth the price tag.

Have you tried the lip maestro? or anything from Giorgio Armani?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment