Wednesday 7 May 2014

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Rebellious Rose

A lot of beauty brands have launched a whole bunch of new products this spring, and this new range pure color envy sculpting lipstick from Estee Lauder has been receiving a lot of rave reviews from fellow beauty enthusiasts. Here is what I think about it!







The range has 21 shades available from nude to pink to coral to red and plum. All the shades you need in your life, they have it there! xD
I picked up Rebellious Rose, which according to Estee Lauder color chart, belongs to the mauve  to plum family . I don't agree at all because on my lips, it leans more to a reddish burnt peach. The color is pretty but in a way, I feel like it makes me look 'mature'.  
To the formula, I can totally understand why a lot of people love it. But I'm a bit indecisive whether I like it.. The formula is creamy but very heavy. It reminds me a lot like MAC lipsticks ( which I am not a fan of ) , but this one feels even heavier and waxy on the lips. The pigmentation is extremely intense, one swipe is sufficient and opaque. The texture is creamy but it doesn't apply very smoothly, it can tug the lips a little bit when the lips are not well moisturized. 
Estee Lauder claims it to be hydrating, but I can't really confirm because I don't feel like it hydrates my lips. It is not drying though, but not particularly moisturizing. The finish is creamy matte that turns to completely matte after 1-2hours of wear.
The staying power is okay, but not 6 hours like it claims to. The darker shades might stay longer though, but this one stays on for about 3 hours with minor drinking and eating. It has subtle sweet vanilla scent. The lipstick is housed in a very sturdy-well made bullet with magnetic cap. The bullet looks very nice, luxurious and it weighs well on hand.

I don't reach for this lipstick often, but it might be because of the color.. I am thinking to get another shade that I will reach for more often. Other than the color, I think the heavy texture is just not really my cup of tea. If you love MAC lipsticks, you will love this one!

PS : I stumbled upon this review, and it turned out Estee Lauder launched the 'sheer' version of this range for Asia only! This might be something for me! I will def have a look when I visit Asia next month xD

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment