Sunday 8 December 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation

I got this mini Tarte Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation ( what a name! ) as GWP with the Amazonian clay blush that I bought. I was pretty surprised to see that the mini size comes with a generous amount of product. And it comes in a cute packaging as well, exactly the mini version of the full size one.






Fortunately the shade matches my complexion very well though it appears a little bit yellowish. It doesn't have any number or name but I can see from the box that it is the fair-light neutral shade. 
The powder is finely milled and they are so soft and smooth. It feels very lightweight on the skin and it provides light-medium coverage as well. The name advised it to be full coverage which is not the case-at least on my skin. But the coverage is enough to even out my skin tone, and blurs some imperfections. One thing I noticed is that it settles a little bit ( really a little bit ) to dry patches and accentuates facial hair. 
The staying power is okay, nothing groundbreaking but also not bad. I got 5-6 hours straight before needing to touch up. I am actually more a liquid or cream foundation kind of person because I always feel like not having enough 'base' whenever I only use powder or mineral foundation . But powder and mineral foundation are very easy to apply and perfect when we're in hurry.




This foundation gives a very nice natural finish. But I feel like it accentuates the dry patches and my miliums a bit.. I like it but more as a powder instead of foundation. I still prefer liquid foundation..
I have read some reviews online and a lot of people complain it because of the BHT in the ingredient. I have no allergy issue with the foundation so far so I can't say much about the BHT controversy. But overall I think this is a great product for those who prefer powder or mineral foundation and I will continue my love affair with liquid foundation..

Have you tried any mineral foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment