Saturday 12 October 2013

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer oil free

I asked for a sample of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer oil free from the Laura Mercier counter at Printemps on my recent trip to Paris and the very lovely BA gave me a full mini pot of the tinted moisturizer. She literally squeezed so many products into the tiny pot , I believe it will last me for a good 2-3 weeks.
I think all of you already know how the packaging looks like, don't you? in case you don't, here is the picture!

picture courtessy of Ludwigbeck.de

There is nothing special of fancy about the packaging. Just a regular squeeze tube. It is not fancy but I do think it is practical and economic. We can literally use the product to the last drop with this kind of packaging. 

To the color, my shade is Nude. It is the perfect shade for my skin at the moment. It could be a bit too light in summer, but it is now autumn here and I get paler in colder months.
The moisturizer has thick-liquidy consistency, a little bit creamy. I think it is best applied using fingertips, it helps the moisturizer 'melts' into the skin beautifully.



As you can see from the with-without pictures above, the moisturizer has a very light coverage. It is not meant to have full coverage though, so I won't complain about it. It delivers such a natural-healthy looking finish and it doesn't look like you're wearing any make up at all. It looks like your skin is naturally good looking.
The coverage, as said before is very light, but it does cover mild imperfections. The finish is dewy even though this one is oil free version, I don't think people with very oily skin will like it. Powder is definitely a must for the T-zone area. This product reminds me a lot of Tony Moly Dear Me BB Cream, only this one has slightly less coverage. 
I overall like this tinted moisturizer but I need more coverage on daily basis. I've been wearing this tinted moisturizer as a base for my foundation for the past 10 days and it works very well. The SPF 20 is also a plus point. 
But the question is, does it worth the 48€ price tag? I don't think so. Similar result can be achieved with some normal BB Creams or tinted moisturizers. It is a good product but not groundbreaking. I won't be purchasing the full size version.

Do you have any experience with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment