Tuesday 4 June 2013

Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil

Black eyeliner is a staple on my every day make up routine. I usually draw my eyeliner with black gel liner or liquid liner on my upper lash lines and with pencil liner on my tightlines. But since I have watery eyes + oily lids, almost no pencil liner stays on without smudging after 2 hours. So after doing some researches on temptalia archives I decided to give this one a go.




I picked up the smoothing eyeliner pencil from Shiseido for 22€ . The pencil comes with 2 ends, 1 is the pencil and the other one is the smudger.  




The pencil is well made and not filmsy. It comes in a matte black finishing and the smudger is also made of high quality sponge. The smudger is a bit hard though for my liking because I'd prefer a softer smudger.


The pencil liner is matte black without no shimmer. I actually expected it to be more intense because it is not black enough imho. The pigmentation is good, it glides on smoothly on my lids and it doesn't scratch. I find it works better on the upper lash line rather than on the tightlines because my tightlines are always wet and this pencil doesn't perform well on my wet tightlines. The staying power is good for pencil liner, it stays for 5-6 hours before starting to fade or smudge. But this eyeliner tugs a little bit. It is soft but not creamy enough. 



It is overall a nice black eye pencil, but I expected it to be better especially with the hefty price tag. So I am still looking for the perfect black pencil eye liner!

Do you have any recommendation?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment