Friday 12 April 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

After reading so many good reviews about this foundation, I decided to pick it up on Bourjois counter in Jakarta. Bourjois is available in Germany, but very limited ( only online and at some drugstores outside Berlin ), so I was really happy to find a full Bourjois counter in department stores in Jakarta. ( in Jakarta, a lot of drugstore brands like Maybelline, Revlon, Bourjois, and Max Factor are sold in department stores together with high end brands like YSL, Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, Dior, Chanel, etc etc also with their own Sales Assistants ). 
So long story short, I picked up the healthy mix foundation for Rp.220.000,- ( approx. 24 USD ) and my shade is the lightest shade available in Jakarta, #51 Vanila Clair.




The foundation comes in a plastic bottle with a pump which I really like. First of all, it's travel friendly, second of all , it's hygienic and third, I can use it up till the last drop by cutting the bottle once it's finished which I can't do with glass bottle.

Vanila Clair has a beige undertone with a bit of yellow hint. But the yellow hint fortunately doesn't transform to my face, as I don't like my foundation looking yellow. 


BEFORE

AFTER

Now to the formula. This foundation has liquid consistency with a bit of 'gel-like' feeling. It is not too thick nor too runny. It provides medium coverage , a bit more than the Revlon Whipped Foundation. But it doesn't make my face looking cakey or dull. Otherwise it makes my skin look radiant and healthy but in no way greasy. It feels also a little bit sooting and awaken the first time you put it on. And it smells really nice and fresh as well. I find that it works best with beauty blender, but it also works just fine with my usual foundation brush.
The staying power and oil control are great, when I first time had this on while I was in Jakarta ( which is 25-30'C warm ), it stayed on really well and it didn't melt or get greasy after hours. Of course I still need to touch up , but only after 7 hours wearing. 

Overall,  this foundation doesn't cause my any breakouts, it doesn't clog my pores and it looks healthy , radiant and natural on my skin. love!

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment