Tuesday 5 February 2013

Madam Butterfly

Catrice recently launched a new limited edition called ; Neo Geisha. This collection has been highly anticipated since the press releases were really promising. So when I spotted a full display of this LE on my local DM, I happily swatched every single eye shadows, and the lip and cheek colors. Unfortunately, I found all the eye shadows are crumbly and didn't give a lot of colors. So I picked up only this lip and cheek color in "Madam Butterfly".




The packaging is not the most beautiful I've ever seen from Catrice, but it is practical and well made. The case feels sturdy and durable. I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply the cream blush on my cheeks and my fingers to apply it on my lips.


Madam Butterfly is a typical me mate bright berry pink. It is more a redish pink than Barbie pink which I think complements my skin tone really well. The texture is cream to powder finish .




On my cheeks, Madam Butterfly is a nice pink berry shade that gives a beautiful healthy glow. But the color is easily dupable and I have already owned a lot of similar shades. But on the lips, it is surprisingly beautiful! I really really like it. The texture is matte but not completely matte, it feels some way velvety. I'd say the finish is velvet rather than matte. It could be a bit drying after awhile, but if I apply lip balm underneath, it is totally fine. The staying power on both cheeks and lips is great as well.

Overall, I think it is a really nice product and also travel friendly , since you have a blush and lipstick in 1 item, and you also can apply it on your cheeks on your lips with your fingers without any brushes.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment