Thursday 21 February 2013

MAC Plumful

Just one day before my trip to Asia, I bought this lipstick from MAC. To be honest, I am not a fan of MAC Lipsticks no matter what the finishes are, but I recently stumbled on Temptalia's review on this lipstick , so after some swatching at the counter, I decided to take this home.



Plumful is not limited, but it recently came with the 'Year of The Snake' collection with the snake print embossed on the lipstick. I think the emboss looks so beautiful. As usual special / limited collection of MAC, this lipstick costs 1€ more expensive.




Plumful is a mauve-y pink berry with a hint of plum. Color wise, I think it is a really nice color. It is just the perfect amount of everything. A perfect amount of pink, mauve and plum. Nothing is overdone. It is also a good option for everyday plum shade and would look nice on any skin tone.




But texture and formula wise, once again I am not impressed. I don't know what's wrong between me and MAC Lipsticks, but I just don't find them comfortable on my lips. The texture is between creamy and matte, and it sets to my lip lines. It feels like I have something 'heavy' on my lips. Looking at the pictures above, I actually like how it looks like on me, but on real life, believe me, Plumful looks dreadful on my lips. I know a lot of people love it, so I think it is just me that has bad luck with MAC lipsticks.
As any other MAC lipsticks, this one also has a subtle vanilla scent.

I think at this point, I should ( for awhile ) stop trying my luck with MAC lipsticks and better save my money for the future. :P

Update : I finally found a way to make this lipstick works for me, which is to apply a moisturizing lip balm underneath. It helps the texture to be 'softer' but still , it is not my fave lipstick on my make up stash.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment