Monday 21 January 2013

Essence All in One BB Cream

I was surprised to find the display of some Essence new products at Karstadt few days ago. I think their new products aren't supposed to enter the market before February but anyway I am happy that I spotted it sooner.



The BB Cream comes in a squeezing tube packaging. Design wise, it does remind me a bit of asian BB Creams.


The BB Cream comes in 2 shades, but shade #01 was too orange for my liking, so I took shade #02 which leans more to beige-natural undertone.


The BB Cream has liquid - almost watery consistency. I was skeptical at the beginning, but it is actually not that bad. It is very easy to blend, and I applied it using my fingers and then put another layer with my 'beauty blender' for some more coverage.( not the original beauty blender, but the one I got from H&M which is surprisingly really really good! ). The coverage is really sheer but is buildable. As far as I've noticed, it doesn't have any typical 'greyish-ashy' asian BB Creams undertone .
It claims to moisturize and smoothen the complexion and I think it manages to live up the claims. It also contains SPF 30 which is quite high for 'western' BB Cream but I have nothing against it!
It feels comfortable on my skin, and also lightweight. Sometimes BB Creams feel a bit thick on my skin but this one doesn't. 


BARE FACE

1 LAYER

1st layer does even out my complexion and brightens it up. But you can see some spots on my cheeks aren't well covered. I am not looking for a full coverage with this BB Cream, but I want just a bit more 'camouflage'. 


2 LAYERS
Please pardon my weird different colored eye brows. I was testing my new brow kit from MUA.

The 2nd layer evens out my complexion and covers my imperfections better than as seen with 1st layer.  But even with 2 layers it still comes out sheer which I like because it also looks natural and my skin can still glow underneath. My only concern is that , this BB Cream has dewy finish and can get oily after few hours, so powder is a must here. My skin is now kinda dry because of winter and I think , my skin is now more a normal to combination rather than combination to oily. I am a bit worried that this BB Cream would be too greasy for me in summer, but at least in colder months I know it won't be a problem.

To be honest, I bought this BB Cream only out of curiosity without any expectation , but surprisingly I kinda like this BB Cream and I am happy that I decided to get it ;)

It retails for 3,99€/ 30 ml.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment