Friday 21 December 2012

Burberry Sheer Foundation Compact

This new Burberry compact foundation is a gift from a lovely friend of mine. I have tried both the sheer and velvet liquid foundations from Burberry and I must say I like both of them.. The problem is, the sheer one is a bit too sheer for my like and the velvet one is a bit too 'full coverage' for everyday use. 
When I found out that my friend gave me this sheer compact foundation as a gift, I am really excited to try it one!! ( Fortunately he bought me the right shade! ;D )







As usual, Burberry doesn't compromise when it comes to packaging. It comes in a luxurious Burberry box and also a velvet pouch. The case is gun metal, feels really sturdy and durable, also practical with the magnetic closure. 


The powder is finely milled with almost no fall outs! The texture is soft and almost buttery. If you have tried another Burberry make up, you know that their make up is heavily scented. I don't find it annoying though, but some of you might find it as an issue.

























According to Burberry, this compact foundation can be applied dry for a sheer coverage or damp with sponge for a more intensive and velvety finish. I haven't tried to apply it with damp sponge yet but I am excited to try! ( the bottom of the case is cut through to let the sponge to dry! thoughtful! )

As seen on before-after pictures above, you can see that it gives me a sheer coverage. I applied it dry , using a flat top kabuki brush. It evens out my complexion and succeeded to cover some imperfections and redness quite well on the day I don't need to much coverage. I also tried to apply it over my foundation ( Guerlain de Peau , which is sheer-medium coverage ) and it gives a nice light glow finish without being greasy or cakey at all. The foundation feels lightweight and comfortable on the skin.  For a powder, this one is quite long wearing especially when applied over other foundation. When applied on itself, it lasts me for a good 4-5 hours before requiring touch up. 

Would I re purchase this foundation? As much as I like it, I still am not sure if I would spend 45€ once I run out of this one because even though it is really a great product but is it necessary? not really. Since I have already Clarins Compact Foundation which I also love, and some other powders in my make up stack. 

Have you tried any Burberry make up?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment