Saturday 8 September 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

One of my favorite drugstore brand is Rimmel, and my drugstore holy grail foundation is also from Rimmel, the 25Hour foundation. When I heard that Rimmel launched new foundation called 'Wake Me Up' that claims to give radiant glow and anti fatigue effect,I was really interested to try. But the foundation is not yet available in Germany.
So, as I visited London , I didn't miss a chance to get my hands on this foundation.




The foundation comes in a glass bottle with curvy shape , since it's made of glass, I don't think this foundation is travel friendly ( the bottle is quite heavy too ). But despite the 'not so travel friendly' bottle, it's sturdy and well made.



The foundation looks shimmery in the bottle which has been discussed a lot by bloggers , but once applied, the shimmer is barely visible. You can see on my hand swatches that the shimmer isn't an issue at all. The foundation has SPF 15, which based on my experience , caused a bit of whitecast under camera flash/blitz. So beware when you're taking photo!
The coverage is sheer but it does even out my skin. If you need more coverage, it's buildable. But you have to be careful because it can get cakey if you apply too much. 
Since I have oily skin, I am not really a fan of its 'glowing' finish. It does look natural for good 1-2 hours but then it starts to look like disco ball if you don't blot it with powder constantly.
I also have to tell that this foundation has pretty strong scent. I don't really mind the scent, but a lot of people might find it annoying.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE - AFTER

Overall, this foundation is not groundbreaking enough in my opinion. I would say this will work better on dry-normal skin rather than combination-oily skin like mine. This is not a bad foundation but I don't recommend it for people with oily skin unless you don't mind blotting it every 2 hours. 

Have you tried this foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment